Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to recognize media format

Unable to recognize media format

Hi

All my Arabic channels are not working

It says unable to recognize media format, I have tried to reset factory default, it did not work.

What should I do please?

Administrator
    Is it all the channels not working or just the main ones you watch? If its only a few being affected it is probably an issue on Zaaptv's side. If its every channel not working it might be an issue on your side.

I have the same problem , all my channels aren't working , any suggestions ?

Hi every one,
    I am getting the same thing, I can't get any channel and it is always saying "unable to recognize the media format" and this happened today (July 19, 2012). However it started yesterday (July 18, 2012) with this message "unable to connect to zaaptv server". By the way I have new internet with 20mbps, so I don't think it is the internet problem. I bought my zaaptv before one week only. The customer service is not answering in calls and not replying at all and the seller said it is the internet!!! Any way as I can see it is their problem and I hope they will fix it and I will let you know if the channels came back or not. Also I tried every thing and nothing yet worked!
    Nabil

Hi All,

I just bought it yesterday, it did work for about an hour yesterday & stopped working, it gives me different error messages, "Unable to connect to ZAAP TV server, contact support at ...", "Unable to recognize media .."

I restored the factory settings, tested the internet speed using ZAAP tv, it is about 13.5 MB, the TV on Demand works fine, however, TV live (all categories, Arabic, Turkish, ..etc), Internet media, and Newspaper are not working.

I sent an email to the support dept. an auto-reply stating there is 1 year warranty and support through the seller, I contacted the seller & he told me the support should be provided by ZAAP online!!! it is really disappointing. Anybody can advise, what to do???

Regards,
    O.B
    Last edited by Edmontian; 07-20-2012 at 04:21 AM.

I did not have any problems yesterday with any of the channels, but today Zaap is not working and it keeps showing "unable to recognize the media format" with all channels...

this is a link to a previous fourm, and Mr. Mohammad replies to the form by saying "those that are affected by this server problem will get the error message unable to recognize media format" so I hope it is the case this time.

http://www.zaaptvforum.com/showthrea...?p=162#post162

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontian View Post
    Hi All,

I just bought it yesterday, it did work for about an hour yesterday & stopped working, it gives me different error messages, "Unable to connect to ZAAP TV server, contact support at ...", "Unable to recognize media .."

I restored the factory settings, tested the internet speed using ZAAP tv, it is about 13.5 MB, the TV on Demand works fine, however, TV live (all categories, Arabic, Turkish, ..etc), Internet media, and Newspaper are not working.

I sent an email to the support dept. an auto-reply stating there is 1 year warranty and support through the seller, I contacted the seller & he told me the support should be provided by ZAAP online!!! it is really disappointing. Anybody can advise, what to do???

Regards,
    O.B
    Hang in there, everyone is getting the same error message. Its supposed to be fixed tonight.

Super Moderator
    Hey guys did you see the message that pops up today? Looks like it's confirmed they are updating their software (for Ramadan no doubt).

Now every thing is ok and the channels are back. I am watching the channels from morning till this moment and there are no problems. I hope it stays like this. One thing, there are some new channels added and also some channels like aljazeera is not available.