Thread: Audio issue and registration

Question Audio issue and registration

Hi All, am new here, although Ive been looking on the forum for sometime. this is my first post.
    I just got my zaaptv hd209n receiver from a relative of mine. Of course when I tried to register the box, I discovered it was already registered, so I couldn't continue to register a myzaaptv account to my own. Is there a way for me to register myzaaptv account with this box?

Also, the only way for me to hook up this box to the TV is via a HDMI cable, which works just fine, except no matter what I do, I can't get any audio on any station. anyone have any pointers?
    Thanks for your time and help.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by focusshoot View Post
    Hi All, am new here, although Ive been looking on the forum for sometime. this is my first post.
    I just got my zaaptv hd209n receiver from a relative of mine. Of course when I tried to register the box, I discovered it was already registered, so I couldn't continue to register a myzaaptv account to my own. Is there a way for me to register myzaaptv account with this box?

Also, the only way for me to hook up this box to the TV is via a HDMI cable, which works just fine, except no matter what I do, I can't get any audio on any station. anyone have any pointers?
    Thanks for your time and help.
    First thing I would do is a full factory restore on the box. You can do this through the settings menu. This might free up your box id # so you can register it again.
    As for the audio, it sounds like your tv has an older HDMI port which does not support audio. Have you tried hooking up the RCA connections at the same time and run those into your stereo if possible? If not you might have to just run the RCA cable for audio and video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad View Post
    First thing I would do is a full factory restore on the box. You can do this through the settings menu. This might free up your box id # so you can register it again.
    As for the audio, it sounds like your tv has an older HDMI port which does not support audio. Have you tried hooking up the RCA connections at the same time and run those into your stereo if possible? If not you might have to just run the RCA cable for audio and video.
    Thanks Mohammad for your reply. I tried full restore more than once for the sound issue, didn't help. Registering fails with the same message that the ID # is already registered.
    If I have to use the RCA for audio then so be it. But my TV is fairly new and I have 3 other HDMI devices connected to it; a cable box, a Ruku box and a FTA satellite box. I even tried all the ports that I know work with the other devices. Could it be the HDMI port on the zapp box just delivering video only, not the TV!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by focusshoot View Post
    Thanks Mohammad for your reply. I tried full restore more than once for the sound issue, didn't help. Registering fails with the same message that the ID # is already registered.
    If I have to use the RCA for audio then so be it. But my TV is fairly new and I have 3 other HDMI devices connected to it; a cable box, a Ruku box and a FTA satellite box. I even tried all the ports that I know work with the other devices. Could it be the HDMI port on the zapp box just delivering video only, not the TV!!
    I know all the Zaaptv receivers HDMI port have both audio and video so cant be that... Have you checked the settings page? Any options in there that might enable the audio? I've never heard of anyone having this problem before. How is your Zaaptv hooked up? Is it going directly to the TV or through a receiver? More info and we might be able to solve the problem.

Well my friend, there is always a first. The Zaap box is connected via HDMI cable directly to one of the ports in the back of the TV. The only settings regarding sound in ZAAP box is either digital or stereo, i tried both. the settings in my TV has a source list, you connect a device to one of 4 HDMI ports, or 3 component or 4 RCA jacks and it just works. The only sound related settings have to do with mode, i.e movie, game, music etc... I tried everything I can think of, replaced the HDMI cable, plugged it into all possible HDMI ports in back of TV. Sound dIdn't work with the ZAAP box on any of them. Which leads me to believe the only possibility left; even though you think it can't be that (not sure why), the port on the ZAAP box is faulty. It could happen you know, nothing is perfect.
    At any rate, i've given up on the sound through HDMI, so I connected the RCA output form ZAAP box for audio, and that works. Now I have HDMI for video, and RCA for audio. I can deal with that.
    But now my registration issue, can you help me with that? I still can't register under "MyZAAPTV". Same notice that the box is already registered. Is there anyway to contact customer support and have them remove the box ID from the system so I can register it in my name?
    Thanks again for any help.

I forgot to add my ZAAP box is connected wirelessly to the network.
    Last edited by focusshoot; 07-22-2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added wireless info

Administrator
    Ok glad to hear you found a work around for it... it very well could be a faulty HDMI port on your Zaaptv. If you goto zaaptv dot com and email them with your box id # and ask them to delete the account it is attached to, then you should be able to register it.

Sorry for the delay.
    OK I will email them and will let you know.
    Thanks.

focusshoot, I want to add my option here for you..have you tried to connect your Zaaptv to another tv via HDMI? Just to make sure that it could also be the connection between your tv model and Zaaptv are fully Sync.