Thread: New ZAAPTV HD409N

New ZAAPTV HD409N

Hi guys, I own an HD209, it is certenly true that sometimes the experience was somehow unsatisfying with some issues here and there, but nothing to worry too much about, nothing is 100% perfect and best off all, there is no monthly fee, the POD has been working quite nice for around a year, so the quality of the product is quite acceptable and I have been more than happy to be able to watch my favorite channels with such a slow internet conection (2mbits) and that's why I thanks Zaaptv because with such speed, if its stable, I can enjoy my ZAAPTV without any issues.

Anyway I am here to make a small review of the new HD409N which I purchased recently and have been using for ever a week, this new generation of ZAAPTV is a big improvement, it has a new OS, it looks like android based, the menues look a lot better for a big screen, it comes with new features like EPG, but as the channels are Free to Air (FTA) in the middle east, and other regions, the EPG is not available yet for any of the channels, this feature will be maybe available for premium channels, just my thought..... as soon as I installed my unit a pop up message showed up showing a new firmware available for download, I'm sure that in the next firmware update they will include some new features.

Also new is the bigger remote control with more features on it, including a number pad to enter the channel numbers directly, no more need to look for the channel icons... also play, fast forward, rewind buttons to play all your video and music files. Another great feature with the Zaaptv HD409N is you get access to all the video on demand content for free, a lot of new TV shows, series, children programs, cartoons and movies recorded are available and very well organized through the menu.

Another feature is the wifi which is already in, no need to buy a wifi USB stick. Fortunately only 2 of my favorite channels are missing and they are still available on the HD209N model, those are OTV Lebanon and MTV Lebanon, to my luck, all the MBC channels are available, I live in Venezuela, those channels are not available in some regions, like US and Canada. and finally, one of the best features of this new unit, is that they are including channels with live broadcasting and the same channels with recorded broadcasting so we can enjoy the programing adjusted to our Time Zone. This is all what I can remember now, I'm actually very happy with this model and its features, I only need some time to take some screenshots to post them here in the forum or maybe film a demostration video and post it on youtube, since there is a huge lack of info regarding this new model, but its also because it is a very recent product. Let's see what happens in the future.

Thanks for the review Tony.
    How about favorite channels? Is there a quick way to navigate through them? I have the 209 and it's a killer to switch between my fav channels.

Thanks again.

You are welcome... yes of course, as I wrote in the review, the remote control is big and has a number pad, you just enter the channel number to open the channel, I really love this new model over de HD209, it has a faster zaapping, and I dont have the need to switch between my fav channels as it used to be with the older model, I really got bored of that, now with the HD409 its faster, just enter the number of the channel and that's it, just like your do when watching cable or satellite TV.... another interesting new feature; it has about 60 channels with a Time Shifting of 7 hours, you can watch for example at TOP MOVIES which is Live, and also, you can watch at TOP MOVIES + 7, this is the same channel, but with Time Shifting.

plz help me it is my first mounth I bought it

my zaaptv is 409N is not loading more than 5%it was good but today morning no channels was working I turn it off and I turn off the internt too but when I turn it on it was only loading 5%

Administrator
    should be fixed soon. Its a lot of zaaps having this problem because of server upgrades going on right now. Try again tomorrow or monday and it will be back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad View Post
    should be fixed soon. Its a lot of zaaps having this problem because of server upgrades going on right now. Try again tomorrow or monday and it will be back to normal.
    my zaaptv is 409N is not loading more than 5%.it was good this morning not all channels were working so I turned it off but when I turned it back on it was only loading 5%

loading issue got fixed now. Great Review btw

After running software update, my zaaptv stopped working, it is stuck in the logo screen...I tried factory reset, but it didn't fix the issue.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    After running software update, my zaaptv stopped working, it is stuck in the logo screen...I tried factory reset, but it didn't fix the issue.
    If factory reset did not fix it you might have to contact the dealer you purchased from to get it warrantied. Are you sure you did the factory reset right? It will take you to a recovery menu where you can do the factory reset.