Thread: 409 jailbreak files on 509?

Lightbulb 409 jailbreak files on 509?

I am getting the HD509n today as a replacement for my sluggish HD209n. Are the 409 hacks compatible with the 509? in other words if I jailbreak the HD509n with the files labeled 409 would that brick my device?
    I understand the OS is the same 32 bit android based. but the processor is totally different. the 409 has a Broadcom 720MHZ DUAL CORE MIPS CPU while the 509 has the newer Rockchip RK3066 Dual Core CPU, 1.5 GHz.
    Please advise
    Last edited by indydave; 01-16-2014 at 05:21 PM.

So I did some research and I found out that some people are reporting on other forums that the files for 409 work on 509. I will try this when I get the device and will report back on here.

I received my Hd509 after 17 days of sending my HD209n to zaaptv live ( live technologies) in Chicago. To my dismay I received the box (after so many phone calls and too many contradicting explanations as to why the shipment was delayed) to find out that I was sent what looks like a refurb box. the UPS box was intact but the zaaptv HD509n box was squashed on the corner( they must noticed the defective the box before putting it in the UPS box), the wireless antenna broken and non of the other component in their original packaging. even the batteries were already placed in the remote which corroborate my theory that the unit was a refurb or a return.
    After plugging the device and turn the power on. the device turned on and displayed two penguins and the zaaptv logo then a black screen, nothing else. I am waiting for their office to reopen again this morning so that I can call support and see what they can do about this. By the way the toll free 1800 number is not working when you call it it you get an automated message asking you to dial a Chicago number instead.

To be continued....

I called few times and finally got somebody to answer after 15 minutes to calling. I explained to the rep that the box I got was refurb since none of the components were packaged in addition to the fact that the antenna was broken. They said that all their boxes are new and that something must have happened during shipping (UPS must have rats that are hungry for plastic that somehow sneak into the sealed UPS boxes and do their nasty deed). As for the boxes not loading the firmware they referred me to a youtube video of some guy performing hardware reset ( known android hardware rest) After checking the video. The instructions were not detailed and erroneous in my case but luckily I have flashed and unbricked android devices before so I knew what to do.
    at 4:30 today I was surprised to receive a call from another representative asking me if I needed any help. I guess somebody is reading these posts....

I am going to perform the hardware reset and I will keep you posted. hopefully these posts will help someone make a wise decision before purchase.

please if anyone knows how to jailbreak 509 to get mbc channels back let us know in details how to do it
    thank u

but all mbc up and work fin

so what happens?

Jailbreak works on 509N. I got mine yesterday and it worked fine.

Go here: http://freemyzaaptv.blogspot.com and follow the very simple instructions.

The channels will appear all the way at the last page of channels, after 'Russian Web TV' channels.

Maje sure you copy the jb file to the USB stick using a Windows PC (or VM on Mac). I used a MacOSX initially to copy the file and even though the ZaapTV sees the USB stick and prompts for adding the channel, it doesn't work. I switched to a PC and it worked immediately.

What's the benefit of jail breaking??
    Quote Originally Posted by inahas View Post
    Jailbreak works on 509N. I got mine yesterday and it worked fine.

Go here: http://freemyzaaptv.blogspot.com and follow the very simple instructions.

The channels will appear all the way at the last page of channels, after 'Russian Web TV' channels.

Maje sure you copy the jb file to the USB stick using a Windows PC (or VM on Mac). I used a MacOSX initially to copy the file and even though the ZaapTV sees the USB stick and prompts for adding the channel, it doesn't work. I switched to a PC and it worked immediately.