Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zaaptv Discontinuing Older Models

Zaaptv Discontinuing Older Models

Effective May 1, 2014, Zaaptv is no longer supporting their older model receivers such as the HD109N, HD209N and HD309N. In order to continue viewing the Zaaptv channels you will need to trade in your receiver with your local dealer. Most places I spoke to are charging $199 to $250 to upgrade to the Zaaptv HD509N when you bring in your old receiver.
    For anyone with the older models, you will be pleased to know that the HD509N is a big improvement over the other models.

Just a quick note, if you're in the US you don't have to send your old Zaap device. I just ordered the upgrade 3 days ago. I have a HD209N and ordered the upgrade by filling out the online form on the Zaap website then I got an email requesting a picture of the bottom of the old unit then a guy called me a few hours later and took my credit card information. He said the 509N should arrive within 2 weeks and I don't need to send the old unit back.

Did you know that the annual subscription cost almost $ 200 yearly . Company did not announce that after 3 years the machine will be shut down or subscription renewal. This fraud and dishonesty of suppliers of zaap tv.Thay should run for the announcement of the channels in the device. And the amount of renewal.And not a pretext to change the operating system of the device

هل تعلم أن تكلفة الاشتراك السنوي ما يقرب من 200 دولار سنويا. لم الشركة لم تعلن أنه بعد 3 سنوات سيتم إيقاف الجهاز أو تجديد الاشتراك. يجب تشغيل هذا الاحتيال وخيانة الأمانة مورديzaap tv للإعلان عن القنوات في الجهاز. ومقدار مبلغ تجديد الاشتراك .وليس ذريعة لتغيير نظام التشغيل للجهاز

This is very bad. But luckily customer protection will always be active and supportive.

I was forced to upgrade to 509 which I found rubbish. the I did return the 509 to them and got refund and 50% of the old 309 price as they do not have the right to stop the 309 services.
    Cheers customer support UK

There is no subscription with Zaap. You just buy the device and that's it.

In comparison with other subscriber services such as DishNetwork it is a GREAT deal. Even if used for 6 months only, it is still cheaper and has more features than other options.

Yes their software is buggy but they are improving. And yes you have to jailbreak to see all the channels but at least they didn't completely lock that option out.

Zaaptv is a rubish do not buy it

Quote Originally Posted by inahas View Post
    There is no subscription with Zaap. You just buy the device and that's it.

In comparison with other subscriber services such as DishNetwork it is a GREAT deal. Even if used for 6 months only, it is still cheaper and has more features than other options.

Yes their software is buggy but they are improving. And yes you have to jailbreak to see all the channels but at least they didn't completely lock that option out.
    I have hd209 and I had an issue, I emailed support team but then never replied. also, it's not fare to cheat your customers but telling them one payment "life time" and after couple years you disconnected the service and ask for more money... this is 100% cheating. also, how am I gonna trust you again, because if I upgrade to hd 509 im sure after couple years again you will disconnect it again and ask for more money......Zaaptv your business is over and I will never trust you again.......People DO NOT BUY IT and go for something better

I have hd209 and I had an issue, I emailed support team but then never replied. also, it's not fare to cheat your customers but telling them one payment "life time" and after couple years you disconnected the service and ask for more money... this is 100% cheating. also, how am I gonna trust you again, because if I upgrade to hd 509 im sure after couple years again you will disconnect it again and ask for more money......Zaaptv your business is over and I will never trust you again.......People DO NOT BUY IT and go for something better

Quote Originally Posted by youyououa View Post
    Yes, your words correctly. Could not be trusted., After I wrote about the fraud this company in Facebook. Forced them to replace the old 209 to 509 with only paying $ 80., And while the use of the new 509. Discovered that it only works for 950 days and every day is to lose open channels . This can be verified in the information page of the device .. and when the question is to know that the device works less than 3 years 509 and 409 as well .. and that means $ 150 yearly subscription.
    نعم كلامك صحيح .لا يمكن الوثوق بهم .بعد ان كتبت عن غش هذه الشركه في الفيس بوك .اجبرتهم استبدال القديم ٢٠٩ الى ٥٠٩ مع دفع فقط ٨٠ دولار .وحين استعمال الجديد ٥٠٩ .اكتشفت انه يعمل فقط ل ٩٥٠ يوم وكل يوم يتم انقاص ايام فتح القنوات. يمكن التحقق من ذلك في صفحة المعلومات للجهاز..وحين السؤال يتم معرفة ان الجهاز يعمل اقل من ٣ سنوات ٥٠٩ وال ٤٠٩ كذلك..وهذا يعني ١٥٠ دولار قيمة الاشتراك السنوي