Thread: Zaap tv hd 509n problem

Zaap tv hd 509n problem

Hi, I have a problem with my new zaaptv hd509, when power on, only remains on the screen ZAAP TV, and does nothing. I reset and still the same thing. please if you can help me, I appreciate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

After u power press ( back ) buttom then u can eaychingv

I have the same problem, back button does nothing

Quote Originally Posted by mnawras View Post
    I have the same problem, back button does nothing
    The hd509n has alot of bugs in its software and they need to fix this as soon as possible and what you mentioned is one of the problems and the best solution for the above problem is as follows, try one of them:
    1) Turn the device off and that should be from the outlet so turn device off (from remote control) then turn the device itself off from the back botton then unplug the device and leave it for more than one hour or three hours, then plug in device, turn the device on from back botton (not the remote control) and I hope that will help. If not go to step (2).

2) After turning the device off as mentioned in step (1), turn your internet connection to another connection that you are not using and then turn your device (zaaptv) on so it will try to look for internet connection and from here return your internet (on computer) to original connection and start connecting the zaap tv to the internet connection. I hope this will help. I have the same problem and I change my internet connection from motorola (modem and router) to Lynksis then back again to Motorola or say from motorola network to another network then back to my original motorola network.
    Last edited by nabil; 05-28-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Even that doesn't work.

I've had the HD509N stay on the "Start Service" screen for an hour without the stupid thing doing anything. And no information about that on any support forum! The answer from ZaapTV technical support, "It's a known issue, just press the Back button". Surely if ZaapTV know about this, then a simple FAQ posting on their website would save countless hours trying to restart the device and countless phone calls to technical support around the world!

Curiously enough, I've yet to see any negative or detrimental FAQs or tech support information on any of the offical ZaapTV websites around the world. I reckon don't write that stuff to pretend how good the product is when it really lacks maturity (I'm specifically talking about the 509 model).