Thread: What's the difference between any Android box and ZaapTV (and the like)?

What's the difference between any Android box and ZaapTV (and the like)?

From my understanding, ZaapTV is also an Android box, but somehow I don't think it's just the software, there might be some subscription service through an IPTV company that can provide life time subscription package.

I'm looking for to get a box with XBMC player Arabic TV with the most channels available. I was just hoping to spend a lot less, unless this is the only way. Most Android boxes cost up to 200$ such as the Minix x8.

Please help me understand how ZaapTV (and other services like Telfaz, Best TV, etc) work so I could make the right investment.

Thanks,
    Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by havocxtreme View Post
    From my understanding, ZaapTV is also an Android box, but somehow I don't think it's just the software, there might be some subscription service through an IPTV company that can provide life time subscription package.

I'm looking for to get a box with XBMC player Arabic TV with the most channels available. I was just hoping to spend a lot less, unless this is the only way. Most Android boxes cost up to 200$ such as the Minix x8.

Please help me understand how ZaapTV (and other services like Telfaz, Best TV, etc) work so I could make the right investment.

Thanks,
    Havoc
    Zaaptv is probably the best one to go with. Best TV is good also. boxes such as minix x8 are good too but for different content... good for streaming english movies and shows.
    If your looking for live Arabic channels go with Zaap.
    The other generic Android boxes use free apps that are no where near what you get with Zaaptv.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    Zaaptv is probably the best one to go with. Best TV is good also. boxes such as minix x8 are good too but for different content... good for streaming english movies and shows.
    If your looking for live Arabic channels go with Zaap.
    The other generic Android boxes use free apps that are no where near what you get with Zaaptv.
    Thanks for the info. Next I want to see if I can have xbmc on Zaaptv or just get another device all together.

You can install XBMC on the Zaaptv HD509n... it is included in the app store on Zaaptv for free. I've tried it and it works great. You can stream hd and everything is smooth on it.