Thread: HELP PLZZZZ, i updated the software but NOW nothing just black screen

HELP PLZZZZ, i updated the software but NOW nothing just black screen

Hi everyone,
    Im new to this forum and i am hoping someone can help me.
    Afew days ago i was about to watch something on the zaaptv device when i got a pop up message that said:
    A newer version of the software is available, update? now or later
    so i pressed now, then it like started to upgrade then it rebooted i think then nothing all i got was a black screen
    i waiting for an hour thinking that it might still be updating, then i turned it off from the back. then put back on i got the orange zaaptv logo then it went black on me again and the tv said searching for signal
    the green light keeps blinking, i repeat when turned on all i get is the zaaptv logo fpr about 15 seconds then its gone.
    i read previous posts of other users and some one said to turn off then on and hold the OK button when logo appears to get the diagnostics screen but no use i tried it with no use.
    PLz if u have any idea what the problem is and how to solve it i would appreciate it more than u can imagine.

ok try to reset your softwere to the old one turn the power from the back of your box and turn it on with holding the ok butten in your remote control for 40 sac and you will see i secrt menu all what you need to do after thet click the stop butten in your remote and it will go back to your old softwhere .

Quote Originally Posted by rafat_f View Post
    ok try to reset your softwere to the old one turn the power from the back of your box and turn it on with holding the ok butten in your remote control for 40 sac and you will see i secrt menu all what you need to do after thet click the stop butten in your remote and it will go back to your old softwhere .
    Thx i saw this solution on this forum, i tried and no use. after i turn the box completely off and then on all i get is the orange zaaptv logo for about 15 seconds then nothing just a black screen.

what i don't understand is that how come no one else has replied my post, where is everyone? where are the admins?
    this is a major problem here,that was caused by their update. I am without arabic tv, and all the customer service people have to say to me is contact the sales department to buy warranty or when they see my number they hang up in my face
    wtf.....

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by rafat_f View Post
    thank u, i think i discovered the problem its in the update it's cracked or bugged, when the POD asks you to upgrade the software and you try to update from version 5.3 to 5.8 or 6.1
    do not upgrade at all,

Hi naneet is your problem still not fixed, cause I received yesterday the same message to upgrade the software in my zaaptv I click on later not now. pls inform me if u have solved your problem or not.

عندي نفس المشكل ، لما عملت updath ممكن يا شباب حد يعطينا الحل بالعربي او فرنسي مشكورين مسبقا

i am not sure what the cause of the problem is!!!! tech support are not open till monday so we have to wait till then unless someone has a solution to this problem..
    if i just know how to put it back to the older set up, it would be fine!!!

Ok I had the same problem and I fixed it ... All what u need to do turn the box off and when it's on the black screen keep pushing menu back menu back menu back until u see the white dots on screen .. Don't give up keep repeating that until the box restart , it may take a while but don't stop..
    Cheers let me know

Tafi il jihez min wara w Bas tiji il sheshi il sawda kbos menu back menu back ma twa2if la tshou il nou2at il bid 3al sheshi
    Dallak 3id la tiz bat btekhoud wa2it

Administrator
    Hi Naneet and everyone,

It seems someone has fixed the issue here:

http://www.zaaptvforum.com/showthrea...t-black-screen

For the future, please ensure to post in the right section. This would best fit under the Support forum.