Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Channels from Zaaptv?

Administrator
    I've heard the big problem with these channels disappearing is that satellite companies in North America have exclusive rights to broadcast these channels in North America and they are creating problems for Zaaptv who are rebroadcasting these channels. Its an interesting battle because its going through the internet and there is little to no regulation on TV through the internet. I think with the channels in question its going to be a cat and mouse game until the laws are changed in the years to come.

This is where the whole thing gets interesting, if in the US satellite companies have the rights to broadcast these channels, and Zaaptv is rebroadcasting these same channels over the internet, I think ZAAPTV will be illegal only if it charges a monthly fee for the service without prior consent from these channels. I recently installed the trial version of PlayOn on my home network for my Zaaptv box, just to find out that almost every content is available only for US IP addresses, so I cant acces Hulu or Netflix from my Zaaptv because I dont live in US.
    I personally think that Zaaptv should find a solution to this battle, maybe blocking some content in North America, but making it available in other regions.

Hi Tony, Any news about the new channels to be added ? Did you get them? I still have the old list with no any new ones plus I lost all the Niles, the Dreams, all the MBC's.

I haven't heard anything yet either about the 200 channels, but it looks like they've added a group of new channels this week. Hopefully more are on the way.

Hi
    I live in australia the Alarabia is missing

Jimmy, it's been a week since the last update, Zaaptv added about 85 new channels last weekend, I found out that all those new channels are in the Eutalsat, a satellite in the Middle East. The update is automatic, since the Pod is connecting to a server. The Niles channels are there, some of them are not working, the dreams are there, one of them is not working, the MBC's are still present at the very end of the list of channels, they will not be available in US due to copy rights issues, here in Venezuela they have been working for 2 days so far with no problem.

Zuhair, it seems that Alarabia is not available anymore.

Administrator
    Hey guys, another user reported that the MBC channels came back up this morning. Did anyone else get this as-well?

Yes, the MBC's have been working for some days without any problem, they will not be available in US though, also this morning I noticed that all the Nile Channels, the Rotana Channels and Panorama Action are working again, I'm sure they are working hard so nothing like this happens again.

Is there any way to get MTV on our channels list?

Administrator
    Im pretty sure MTV is in a different menu. Try going to Internet Media, then Popular Websites. I seen MTV in there before...