Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jailbreak App for Zaaptv with MBC channels

Jailbreak App for Zaaptv with MBC channels

I found this app for anyone who wants to jailbreak their Zaaptv receiver. There is also an app included in there that will get you back missing channels like MBC 1, MBC 2 MBC 3, MBC 4 and many more. If anyone has questions with the process of jailbreaking their Zaaptv, please post it here and I'll be glad to help.
    How to Jailbreak your ZaapTV

#1 - First, goto http://www.2shared.com/file/dVtOYsfS...k3_0_ARAB.html and download Jailbreak3_0_ARAB.zip.

#2 - After downloading the files you need to unzip the files and move tvstreamer.tar.var and the folder JB3ARABIC to your USB Stick.

#3 - Insert the USB Stick in the front USB Port of your ZaapTV then on your ZaapTV go to My Collection and press enter on your remote then browse to the USB Disk and press Enter then go the Jailbreak folder and press Enter.

#4 - To complete the process you need to Agree to the Terms and Conditions on the screen it is important that you understand that by you installing this Jailbreak you will lose your Warranty.

Thats it. Your done. Now go into My Collection and then select My Apps.
    You will see all the MBC's and other missing channels under this folder.
    This is confirmed working on my Zaaptv at home and the picture quality on the MBC channels was excellent!

Here is another alternative download link for the jailbreak file: http://www.4shared.com/zip/7ii7OAHg/...jailbreak.html
    Just in case the first link is not working for you.
    Last edited by Zaaptv-Jailbreak; 10-14-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added links

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaptv-Jailbreak View Post
    I found this app for anyone who wants to jailbreak their Zaaptv receiver. There is also an app included in there that will get you back missing channels like MBC 1, MBC 2 MBC 3, MBC 4 and many more. If anyone has questions with the process of jailbreaking their Zaaptv, please post it here and I'll be glad to help.
    How to Jailbreak your ZaapTV

#1 - First, goto http://www.2shared.com/file/dVtOYsfS...k3_0_ARAB.html and download Jailbreak3_0_ARAB.zip.

#2 - After downloading the files you need to unzip the files and move tvstreamer.tar.var and the folder JB3ARABIC to your USB Stick.

#3 - Insert the USB Stick in the front USB Port of your ZaapTV then on your ZaapTV go to My Collection and press enter on your remote then browse to the USB Disk and press Enter then go the Jailbreak folder and press Enter.

#4 - To complete the process you need to Agree to the Terms and Conditions on the screen it is important that you understand that by you installing this Jailbreak you will lose your Warranty.

Thats it. Your done. Now go into My Collection and then select My Apps.
    You will see all the MBC's and other missing channels under this folder.
    This is confirmed working on my Zaaptv at home and the picture quality on the MBC channels was excellent!
    If the download link above does not work you can also download it from here: http://www.2shared.com/file/dVtOYsfS...k3_0_ARAB.html

Please post your results with the jailbreak.
    Last edited by Zaaptv-Jailbreak; 10-14-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaptv-Jailbreak View Post
    If the download link above does not work you can also download it from here: http://www.2shared.com/file/dVtOYsfS...k3_0_ARAB.html

Please post your results with the jailbreak.
    Thanks for sharing. The jailbreak worked on perfect on my Zaaptv HD309N and had about 30-40 channels that I was missing. It was really easy following your instructions.

Thanks for sharing the breakthrough in the zaaptv technology.I followed the instructions & it was pretty easy job.
    To explain a point : The usb should be connected all the time to keep the zaap connected to the server.

The next step is more important : How to increase the number of channels? how to add more servers? where is the source to get more servers?

Please share the knowledge.

Once again thanks
    Last edited by lizabelloo; 10-14-2012 at 03:48 AM.

i've just tried it and when i click on the Arabic jalibreak folder i get a message that its not items found in folder ? can someone help please?

i dont understand how to do this, when u say go to this website:

http://www.2shared.com/file/dVtOYsfS...k3_0_ARAB.html

you mean from my computer or from the zaaptv modem using my remote? a little more clarification please

if anyone that did the jailbreak process successfully, shed some light on the issue about when pressing ok on the jb2arab folder no items found?

Hi, I tried to download jailbreak3_0_ARAB.zip, but it say the file has been deleted from mediafire.com. So you are kindly requested to inform me about the new link. Thanking you.

Quote Originally Posted by macsol View Post
    if anyone that did the jailbreak process successfully, shed some light on the issue about when pressing ok on the jb2arab folder no items found?
    I just finished the process of jail breaking and it realy worked very well:
    1) download the file to you own computer: Jailbreak 3_0Arabic.zip from link in this thread.
    2) Unzip it using unzip or unrar.
    3)A new folder will appear called JB3ARABIC and all files needed are in it.
    4)copy all the files generated by the unzip process to a USB flash drive.
    5) remove the usb from PC.
    6) connect the usb to your Zaap box.
    7) Go to My collections in your zaap.
    8) go to browse usb.
    9) click on JB3Arabic folder.
    10) a file called jail break will appear...click on it.
    11) accept the agreement.
    12) your zaap tv will reboot and reload, and and the new channels will not show up in the All Channels but in a separate part of the menu, ( I forgot what it was; Look for a new item in the menu called jail break)

I hope this can help a little.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by macsol View Post
    i've just tried it and when i click on the Arabic jalibreak folder i get a message that its not items found in folder ? can someone help please?
    Give it another shot. Make sure you unzip the files to a USB flash drive and then put the USB flash drive in the front port of the Zaaptv receiver.